Our website Winthrop.ie which includes any webpage containing this domain name, including any page that is enabled for use by a mobile device or any webpage redirected from another domain name and the services provided on the Website are operated by Winthrop Engineering Ltd.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
During your time as a user of the Website you may be asked to provide information to us. We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether the provision of information requested by us is optional. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of applications for employment positions that you make using the Website;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- personal details that you submit to us, such as those you may include as part of your CV when applying for a vacancy
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide us with the information that you submit to the Website in response to a Job Vacancy. Submission of information by you to a particular Job Vacancy is treated by us to be permission to review your data as part of the selection process for that role.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER PEOPLE
We do not disclose to any third party personal information that you provide to us unless we have your permission or we believe the law permits or requires it.
If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- to the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the Website or all or part of Winthrop Engineering Ltd.
- to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Winthrop Engineering Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
SECURITY AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to endeavour to prevent unauthorised access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
You should be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable information that the information disclosed in your communication may be used by the Company. The Company may use your information for a particular position or vacancy that may arise in the future.
Winthrop Engineering Ltd. takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal data is kept secure and third parties are not given access to your information.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests and make your usage of the Website more enjoyable; and
For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal information that we hold about you. We will provide this information to you and may request a small administrative charge.
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data and in accordance with our obligations to you, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.