Our website Winthrop.ie which includes any webpage containing this domain name, including any page that is enabled for use by a mobile device or any webpage redirected from another domain name and the services provided on the Website are operated by Winthrop Engineering and Contracting Ltd.
“Personal Data” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
During your time as a user of the Website you may be asked to provide information to us. We will inform you at the time of collecting information from you whether the provision of information requested by us is optional. We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of applications for employment positions that you make using the Website;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- personal details that you submit to us, such as those you may include as part of your CV when applying for a vacancy
DATA RETENTION PERIODS
We will retain Personal Data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; as required by law or regulatory guidance to which we are subject; and for the exercise or defence of legal claims that may be brought by or against us.
We will retain Personal Data about job applicant candidates for no more than six years.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide us with the information that you submit to the Website in response to a Job Vacancy. Submission of information by you to a particular Job Vacancy is treated by us to be permission to review your data as part of the selection process for that role.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER PEOPLE
We do not disclose to any third party personal information that you provide to us unless we have your permission or we believe the law permits or requires it.
- If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- to the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the Website or all or part of Winthrop Engineering and Contracting Ltd.
- to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Winthrop Engineering and Contracting Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
SECURITY AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to endeavour to prevent unauthorised access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
You should be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable information that the information disclosed in your communication may be used by the us. We may use your information for a particular position or vacancy that may arise in the future.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.PRIVACY
Winthrop Engineering and Contracting Ltd. takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal data is kept secure and third parties are not given access to your information.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests and make your usage of the Website more enjoyable; and
On your first visit to our website we informed you about these cookies and asked for your consent for their usage.
For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
To the extent that we are a controller of your Personal Data you may request access to, rectification, or erasure of your Personal Data, or restriction of processing or object to processing of your Personal Data, as well as the right to data portability. In each case, these rights are subject to restrictions as laid down by law. The following is a summary of your rights:
- The right of access enables you to receive a copy of your Personal Data
- The right to rectification enables you to correct any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data we hold about you
- The right to erasure enables you to ask us to delete your Personal Data in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing enables you to ask us to halt the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances,
- The right to object enables you to object to us processing your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party)
- The right to data portability enables you to request us to transmit Personal Data that you have provided to us, to a third party without hindrance, or to give you a copy of it so that you can transmit it to a third party, where technically feasible.
FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
What is a cookie: A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device.
Cookies make it easy for websites to collect precise user-specific information about their visitors. This generally makes it simpler for you to navigate the web and enjoy a personalised experience.
your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
How you can control cookies: Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete and/or control cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them being placed, however, if you do that you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit this site and some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
The content and other work on this Website is subject to Irish copyright. The reproduction, adaptation, distribution or any kind of exploitation outside the limits of copyright require the written consent of the respective author. Downloads and copies of these pages on this Website are only permitted for private, non-commercial use. Insofar as the content on this site is created by the operator, the copyrights of third parties are respected (in particular the content of third parties is identified as such). Please notify us should you become aware of any copyright infringement, and we will remove the content immediately upon notification of any violations.